1. Data privacy at a glance
Data collection on our website
Who is responsible for collecting data on this website?
Data processing on this website is performed by the website operator. You can find their contact details in the legal notice on this website.
How do we collect your data?
First, we collect your data when you provide it to us. This can be, for example, data that you enter in a contact form.
Other data is collected automatically by our IT systems when you visit the website. This is primarily data of a technical nature (e.g. web browser, operating system or time the page was accessed). This data is collected automatically as soon as you access our website.
What do we use your data for?
Some of the data is collected to ensure that we can provide this website without any errors. Other data may be used to analyse your user behaviour.
What are your rights regarding your data?
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about the origin, recipient and purpose of the personal data stored about you. You also have a right to request that we correct or delete this data. You can withdraw any consent you have given for data processing at any time with effect for the future. You also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
You can contact us at any time at the address given in the legal notice for this purpose as well as for further questions on the subject of data protection.
Analytical tools and third-party tools
Analytical tools and third-party tools
While visiting this website, your surfing behaviour may be evaluated for statistical purposes. This is primarily performed through the use of analytical tools.
You can find detailed information on these analytical tools in our privacy
This website is hosted by an external service provider (host). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the host's servers. This may involve, but is not limited to, IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contractual data, contact details, names, website visits and other data generated through a website.
The host is used for the purpose of contract fulfilment towards potential and existing customers (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR) and in the interests of the secure, fast and efficient provision of our website by a professional provider (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
Our host will only process your data to the extent that this is necessary for the fulfilment of its service obligations and will follow our instructions with regard to this data.
We rely on the services of the following host:
1&1 IONOS SE
Elgendorfer Str. 57
Conclusion of an agreement on contract processing
An external service provider manages our hosted services on our behalf. We have concluded an agreement covering contract processing with this service provider in order to ensure that processing complies with data protection requirements.
3. General notes and mandatory information
We must point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. in the case of e-mail communication) can be subject to gaps in security and that it is not possible to protect against access by third parties entirely.
Information about the controller
The controller of the data processing on this website is:
Holm&Laue GmbH & Co. KG
The controller is the natural or legal person who, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data (e.g. names, e-mail addresses etc.).
Withdrawal of your consent to data processing
Many data processing operations are only possible with your explicit consent. You can withdraw consent that you have already given at any time. It is sufficient to send us an informal e-mail for this purpose. The legitimacy of data processing up to the time of withdrawal of consent remains unaffected.
Right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the event of breaches of data protection law. The responsible supervisory authority for questions relating to data protection law is the State Commissioner for Data Protection in the federal state in which our company is located. A list of the data protection officers and their contact details can be found in the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data that we process in an automated manner based on your consent or for the purpose of fulfilling a contract in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have such data transmitted to a third party. Insofar as you request the direct transmission of your data to another controller, this will only be effected to the extent that it is technically feasible.
SSL and TLS encryption
This website uses SSL and TLS encryption for reasons of security and to protect the transfer of confidential content such as orders or enquiries that you send to us as the website operator. You can recognise whether a connection is encrypted by the fact that the address bar of your browser changes from “https://” to “https://” and by the padlock icon in the status bar.
When SSL or TLS encryption is activated, it is not possible for third parties to read any data that you transfer to us.
Information, blocking, deletion
Under applicable statutory regulations, you are entitled at any time to request information free of charge about the data concerning you that we store, about its origin, about who received it and about the purpose for which it is processed. Where applicable, you are also entitled to request that this data be rectified, deactivated or erased. You may contact us at the address indicated in the legal notice if you have any further questions about this or any other topic relating to personal data.
Objection to promotional e-mails
We herewith object to the use by third parties of contact data published within the scope of our obligation to provide legal information in order to send us advertising and information material that we have not explicitly requested. The operators of this website expressly reserve the right to take legal action against the unsolicited sending of advertising material such as spam mails.
4. Data protection officer
Legally prescribed data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer for our company.
Holm&Laue GmbH & Co. KG
Mr Marc Niesewendt
Note on data transfer to the USA
Our website includes tools from companies based in the USA. Your personal data may be transferred to the US servers of the corresponding companies when these tools are active. We would point out that the USA is not a secure third country within the meaning of EU data protection law. US companies are obliged to pass on personal data to security agencies without you, the data subject, being able to take legal steps to prevent this.
It can therefore not be ruled out that US authorities (e.g. intelligence services) process, evaluate and permanently store your data located on US servers for surveillance purposes. We have no influence over such processing activities.
5. Data collection on our website
Our website uses "cookies ". Cookies are small text files and do not cause any damage to your device. They are stored on your device either temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or permanently (permanent cookies). Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Permanent cookies remain stored on your device until you delete them yourself or until they are automatically deleted by your web browser.
In some cases, cookies from third-party companies may also be stored on your device when you access our site (third-party cookies). These enable us or you to use certain services provided by the third-party company (e.g. cookies for processing payment services).
Cookies have various functions. Many cookies are technically necessary, as certain website functions would not work without them (e.g. the shopping cart function or the display of videos). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behaviour or display advertising.
Cookies that are necessary to carry out the electronic communication process (essential cookies) or to provide certain functions desired by you (functional cookies, e.g. for the shopping cart function) or to optimise the website (e.g. cookies to measure our web audience) are stored on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, unless another legal basis is specified. The website operator has a legitimate interest in storing cookies to ensure the
technically sound and optimised provision of its services. If consent to the storage of cookies has been requested, the storage of the cookies in question is based exclusively on this consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR); consent can be withdrawn at any time.
You can configure your browser in such a way that you are informed when cookies are set and are able to choose whether to accept them in each individual case only, or whether to reject cookies in specific cases or generally, as well as choose to activate the automatic deletion cookies when you close your browser. The functionality of our website may be restricted if you choose to deactivate cookies.
Cookie consent with Usercentrics
This website uses the cookie consent technology from Usercentrics to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies on your device or to the use of certain technologies as well as to document this consent in a manner that complies with data protection laws. The provider of this technology is Usercentrics GmbH, Rosental 4, 80331 Munich, Germany, website: https://usercentrics.com/de/ (hereinafter "Usercentrics").
The following personal data will be transferred to Usercentrics when you access our website:
- Your consent(s) or the withdrawal of your consent(s)
- Your IP address
- Information about your browser
- Information about your device
- The time of your visit to our website
Furthermore, Usercentrics will store a cookie in your browser in order to be able to allocate the consent granted to you or its withdrawal. The data collected in this way is stored until you request us to delete it, until you delete the Usercentrics cookie yourself or until the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory statutory retention obligations remain unaffected.
We use Usercentrics to obtain consent for the use of certain technologies as required by law. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
Server log files
The provider of the website automatically collects and stores data in so-called server log files that your browser automatically transfers to us. These are:
- Type and version of browser
• Operating system used
• Referrer URL
• Hostname of the accessing device
• Time of the server request
• IP address
This data is not collated with data from other sources.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, which permits the processing of data for the performance of a contract or for entering into a contract.
If you use our contact form to request information, we will store the details from the request form, including the contact details you provide there, to process the request and to answer any follow-up queries. We may also pass on this data to our sales partner in your region with your consent (note and confirmation in the contact form). Beyond that, no additional disclosure of your data to third parties will occur.
The processing of the data entered in the contact form is therefore based exclusively on your consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR). You can withdraw this consent at any time. It is sufficient to send us an informal e-mail for this purpose. The lawfulness of the data processing operations carried out until the withdrawal will remain unaffected by the withdrawal.
We will retain the data you enter in the contact form until you request us to delete it, withdraw your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g. after we have completed processing your enquiry). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected.
6. Analytical tools and advertising
This website uses features of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics enables the website operator to analyse the behaviour of visitors to the website.
In this case, the website operator will receive a reange of data on use, such as page views, duration of visit, operating systems used and the origin of the user. This data may be summarised by Google in a profile that is assigned to the user in question or to their device.
Google Analytics uses technologies that enable users to be identified for the purpose of analysing user behaviour (e.g. cookies or device fingerprinting). The information collected by Google about the use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
The use of this analytical tool is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour in order to optimise both its website and its advertising. If corresponding consent has been requested (e.g. consent to the storage of cookies), processing is performed exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR; consent can be withdrawn at any time.
Data transfer to the USA is covered by the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission.
You can find details here:
We have activated the IP anonymisation function on this website. This means that the Google will abridge your IP address if you are in a Member State of the European Union or in another states party to the Treaty on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to the USA. The full IP address will only be transferred to one of Google's servers located in the USA and abridged there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services to the website operator relating to website activity and Internet usage. The IP address transferred by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent Google from collecting and processing your data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link:
Contract data processing
We have concluded an agreement for data processing with Google and apply the strict regulations of the German data protection authorities in full to the use of Google Analytics.
Data stored by Google at user and event level that is linked to cookies, user identifiers (e.g. User ID) or advertising IDs (e.g. DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID) will be anonymised or deleted after 14 months. You can find details on this under the following link:
The website operator uses Google Ads. Google Ads is an online advertising tool provided by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Ads enables us to display advertisements in the Google search engine or on third-party websites when the user enters certain search terms on Google (keyword targeting). Furthermore, targeted advertisements can be displayed on the basis of the user data available at Google (e.g. location data and interests) (target group targeting). As the operator of the website, we can evaluate this data quantitatively by analysing, for example, which search terms have resulted in the display of our advertisements and how many advertisements have led to corresponding clicks.
The use of Google Ads is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in marketing its service products as effectively as possible.
Data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission.
You can find details here:
If you wish to receive the newsletter offered on the website, we require an e-mail address from you together with information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address specified, and that you agree to the receipt of the newsletter.
We use what is known as a double opt-in procedure to ensure that the newsletter is delivered in accordance with your wishes. This procedure allows a potential recipient to be added to a distribution list. The user is then given the opportunity to confirm registration in a legally compliant manner by means of a confirmation e-mail. The address will only be activated in the distribution list once it has been confirmed.
We use this data for the sole purpose of sending the requested information and offers.
Newsletter2Go is used as the newsletter software. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is prohibited from selling your data and using it for purposes other than sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a certified German provider that was selected in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act.
You can find further information here: https://www.newsletter2go.de/informationen-newsletter-empfaenger/
You can withdraw your consent to the storage of such data and your e-mail address and to their use for the distribution of the newsletter at any time, for example via the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
7. Plug-ins and tools
Google Web Fonts
This site uses Web Fonts from Google in order to display fonts in a uniform manner. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display text and fonts correctly.
The browser you use must connect to Google's servers in order for this to happen. This allows Google to know that our website has been accessed from your IP address. We use Google Web Fonts to ensure a uniform and appealing presentation of our online service. This constitutes a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Your computer will use a default font if your browser does not support Web Fonts.
YouTube with enhanced data protection
This website embeds YouTube videos. The operator of these pages is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We use YouTube in enhanced data protection mode. According to YouTube, this mode means that YouTube does not store any information about visitors to this website before they watch a video. However, the enhanced data protection mode does not necessarily exclude the transfer of data to YouTube partners. Thus, YouTube will establish a connection to the Google DoubleClick network, regardless of whether you watch a video.
A connection to YouTube's servers will be established once you play a YouTube video on this website. The YouTube server will be informed of the pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account, you allow YouTube to match your surfing behaviour directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Furthermore, after you start a video, YouTube may store various cookies on your device or use comparable recognition technologies (e.g. device fingerprinting). This allows YouTube to obtain information about visitors to this website. Such information is used, for example, to collect video statistics, to improve your user experience and to prevent attempted fraud.
In some cases, further data processing operations over which we have no control may be triggered after a YouTube video starts.
We use YouTube in order to present our online service in an appealing way. This constitutes a legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If corresponding consent has been requested, processing is performed exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR; consent can be withdrawn at any time.
8. Terms and conditions of participation in competitions on Holm & Laue's social media channels
- The competition organiser is Holm&Laue GmbH & Co. KG.
- The prize is described in detail in each social media post
- Participation in the competition is free of charge. The prize will be sent postage paid to the winner.
- Natural persons who have reached the age of 18 are eligible to participate. Participation is not limited to customers of Holm & Laue GmbH & Co. KG and is not dependent on the purchase of goods or services.
- The winner will be drawn from all participants on the specified date. The winner will be notified by message on the same medium. If the winner fails to respond within 24 hours, a new draw may be held to determine the winner.
- The competition starts with the publication of the post. The exact closing date will be announced in the post. The judges' decision is final. It is not possible to pay out the prize in cash.
- Participation in the competition is exclusively online on the particular platform (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.) by carrying out the instructions in the post (e.g. naming persons, leaving comments or similar).
- By participating, the user agrees that
- they may be contacted to notify them of their prize,
- If they win, their name may be published on the social channels as well as on the website in the form of the full first name and the first letter of the surname. The winner may object to the publication of their name at any time without affecting the prize.
- Privacy information: The organiser will only process personal data for the purposes of this competition on the basis of the consent of each entrant. Further privacy information can be viewed at any time here at the top of our website.
- The organiser will only use personal data for purposes other than those of this competition if the participant has submitted a separate written declaration of consent. The submission of such a declaration of consent for further use of their personal data is voluntary and not a prerequisite for participation in the competition.
- The organiser is not liable for the availability of its own social media web page. The organiser is also not liable for any errors in transmission. The organiser reserves the right to terminate the competition prematurely in whole or in part at any time, including without notice, or to modify its course if it is not possible to conduct the competition properly for technical reasons (e.g. computer virus, manipulation of or errors in software and hardware) or for legal reasons.
- This competition is not associated with any social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and is not sponsored, endorsed or organised in any way by these companies. The recipient of the data provided by the participant is not the particular social media platform, but the organiser. Participants release the relevant social media platform from any liability resulting from claims in connection with the implementation of the competition (in particular its publication and organisation). Any questions, comments or complaints about the competition should be addressed directly to the organiser and not to the social media platform.
9. Use of the Facebook Pixel (Facebook Custom Audiences)
- This website uses the so-called "Facebook Pixel" of Meta Platforms Inc. (formerly Facebook Inc.). It enables interest-based advertisements ("Facebook ads") to be displayed to users of our website when they visit the social network Facebook or other websites that also use the service. The use of Facebook Pixel allows your browser to automatically establish a direct connection with the Facebook server. We have no influence over the scope and further use of the data collected by Facebook through the use of this tool and therefore provide you with the following information according to what we know. The integration of Facebook's Pixel provides Facebook with the information that you have clicked on one of our advertisements or that you have called up the corresponding web page of our website. If you are registered with a Facebook service, Facebook can attribute the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Facebook, or are not logged in, it is possible for the provider to find out and store your IP address and other identifying characteristics.
- Our intention in using Facebook Pixel is to display Facebook ads placed by us only to those Facebook users who are also interested in the products and services presented on our website. With the help of Facebook Pixel, we wish to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and do not have a disruptive effect. Facebook Pixel also enables us to track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical purposes by indicating whether users have been redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad. The legal basis for the use of the Facebook Pixel is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR.
- Information supplied by the third party provider: Meta Platforms Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA; https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo.